DON'T TRUST GOOGLE TO TRANSLATE MY POSTS, IT CHANGES COMPLETELY THE MEANING OF THEM. I'LL TRY TO DO IT MYSELF AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
Confieso que me cuesta trabajo escribir en español. Todo se me hace muy cursi.
Estoy más acostumbrada a escribir en inglés. De escribir en español tengo recuerdos muy amargos de cuando estaba en la escuela primaria, y la monja anunciaba " Hoy vamos a hacer una composición" ya fuera con motivo del día de la madre, o día de la bandera, o a la patria, cumpleaños de la madre superiora, etc, etc, según la fecha.
A mí se me erizaba el pelo al oír eso. Empezábamos dizque a escribir, " nuestra composición" mientras que la monja se paseaba por los pasillos entre los pupitres, mirando por encima del hombro lo que estábamos escribiendo. Si yo escribía, por ejemplo: "Composición: "A mi mamá" La monja Sofía respingaba, ¡Así no! ¡Escribe, "A mi Adorada Madre"! Yo me negaba a escribir eso, la monja se enojaba, yo me emberrinchaba y la monja me sacaba a rastras del salón.
Con la composición a la bandera o a la patria era lo mismo, la monja se empeñaba en que yo escribiera cosas que no me gustaban, me daba de reglazos de coraje porque no la obedecía, pero yo ni me inmutaba, a cada reglazo, le decía, " ni me duele.." lo que enfurecía a la monja, y gritaba ¡eres muy soberbia! ¡Soberbia! Que yo ni sabía lo que quería decir eso, pero pensaba que era algo magnífico, lo que me confundía.
Me hice fama de berrinchuda, y con las demás monjas, con excepción de las cubanas que eran muy buenas y me querían mucho, fué lo mismo. Nunca les satisfizo lo que yo escribía o hacía y querían dictarme "mi composición". En secundaria no hacíamos composiciones, estudiamos sólo gramática, principalmente la conjugación de los verbos y el análisis de las oraciones, que a mí gustaba y me divertía mucho, y también un poco de Literatura Española. . En bachillerato llevamos Literatura Universal, y ya no volvimos a tocar el español. Y ahora, que cada quien que se las arregle como pueda cuando escribe. Y así es, que por eso me cuesta tanto trabajo escribir en español. Temo a lo cursi.
Me siento mejor en Inglés, en el mundo de español, siempre me sentí rechazada.
Buenas noches.
I must confess that I find it very hard to
write in Spanish. It
all sounds very cheesy to me. .
I'm prefer to write in English. Writing in in Spanish, brings bitter memories of when I was in elementary school , and the nun announced "Today we are going to write a composition" either on the occasion of Mother's Day, or Flag Day or to the Motherland, the mother superior's birthday. etc, all depending on the date. I bristled on hearing that. When we started supposedly to write on our own, the nun would be walking in the aisles between the desks, looking over our shoulders what we were writing. If I wrote, for example: "Composition: "To My Mom"The nun Sophia interjected , not that! Write "To My Beloved Mother" which I refused to do, the nun would go mad by my disobedience. She became enraged, I threw a temper tantrum, and I ended up been dragged out of the room by the nun. Writing the composition on the flag, or the motherland was the same, the nun insisted on dictating what I should write in my composition, which I did not do. She then would struck me with a ruler to make me obey but I did not budge. To each strike of the ruler, I said, sometimes with a smile, "It doesn't even hurt .." which infuriated even more the nun,who screamed," you are very proud ( wrongly proud), you act very Haughty! I didn't know the meaning of the word, but I thought it meant,
I'm prefer to write in English. Writing in in Spanish, brings bitter memories of when I was in elementary school , and the nun announced "Today we are going to write a composition" either on the occasion of Mother's Day, or Flag Day or to the Motherland, the mother superior's birthday. etc, all depending on the date. I bristled on hearing that. When we started supposedly to write on our own, the nun would be walking in the aisles between the desks, looking over our shoulders what we were writing. If I wrote, for example: "Composition: "To My Mom"The nun Sophia interjected , not that! Write "To My Beloved Mother" which I refused to do, the nun would go mad by my disobedience. She became enraged, I threw a temper tantrum, and I ended up been dragged out of the room by the nun. Writing the composition on the flag, or the motherland was the same, the nun insisted on dictating what I should write in my composition, which I did not do. She then would struck me with a ruler to make me obey but I did not budge. To each strike of the ruler, I said, sometimes with a smile, "It doesn't even hurt .." which infuriated even more the nun,who screamed," you are very proud ( wrongly proud), you act very Haughty! I didn't know the meaning of the word, but I thought it meant,
that I was Superb, which confused me.
I became famous by my meltdowns, and the behaviour of the the other
nuns, except the Cubans who were very good and I who loved me very much, was the
same. , but I never allowed them to dictate what was supposed to be "my
composition." In junior high school we did not do compositions, we only studied grammar, mostly the conjugation of the verbs, plus the analysis of sentences, which I liked and found very amusing. We also studied, but not in depth, Spanish Literature. . In high school we took
Universal Literature, and we never touched Spanish again. And now, everyone does what she can, when she wants to write.. And that is why I find it hard to write in Spanish, it scares me to sound too
cheesy. . Goodnight.
I still make many mistakes in English, but I am more myself in
English, than in Spanish. I never felt accepted in the Spanish world.
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario